Wednesday 30 July 2008

Using Twitter

I have recently started using twitter on a regular basis. I registered with the site about 6 months ago but never really got into using it.

A few weeks ago I went back to it to see what all of the fuss was about. I started adding more friends and a few different other users such as The Guardian and the BBC. I'm sure that these sites have noticed the same thing as me, that the site is a really effective method of generating traffic.

It seems a bit geeky logging in to a website which is no more than a glorified facebook status, but it is quite addictive. Adding the news sites makes the site act like a little Google Reader giving tiny 140 character bite size nuggets of info. You can quickly catch up on what's kicking off around the world.

Twitter also allows me to keep tabs on my new SEO best friend Edward Lewis, so what more reason do I need to keep going back?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm down with the Twitterati...